Posted - 13 May 2005 : 11:42:02
| UPDATED RULES posted 2.17.2007
YOUR FIRST POST AS A NEWBY
If you have NEVER been on a website...READ READ READ before you post. If you are not 13 or older, please stop and leave now.
Your first post should be an INTRODUCTION to us about you. THEN ask your question. Make SURE you make your own NEWBY folder. If you are asking a question about a show, post your NEWBY folder and then post in the folder that has the SHOW title you want to know about. Do NOT post your email address anywhere in the post.
DO NOT MAKE FOLDERS about 'what is your favorite show/ep, what is your favorite character, what are the brand of sunglasses etc. We have done them already. READ !
MUSTs and DON'Ts
A good email address. If we can not get you via e mail...you are gone.
NO CAPITAL LETTERS...it's yelling. A name or title or once in a while word fine. NOT THE WHOLE POST !
No cuss or nasty words to another member. You can state your opinion, but no name calling if you disagree with another member.
NO SHIPPING or PAIRINGS ALLOWED on this site. PERIOD. Don't like it, go to another site.
NO SPOILERS telling what is going to happen or, what you have heard. We have alot of non US people want DO NOT want to know.
CORRECT POSTING IN CORRECT FOLDERS
If you are talking about a particular show/epi, put it in THAT folder. do NOT make a separate folder.
NEWS BULLETS FOLDER
Contains show information, fun tibits, and other stuff, do NOT make a new folder for it.
POSTING SIGGIE PICS
Follow these rules, anything else will go. PERIOD..
You want a 'siggie' picture. Great the following will help you. Make sure it is within size limits or it will be removed as soon as it is seen. You can NOT 'borrow' someone else's banner or siggie picture without their written permission. If you like their work so much you gotta have it.....be nice and ask. Stealing it will get you in trouble. Ask them (if you don't know how) chances are they would be tickled to make one for you...but stealing it..NOPE.
There are size limits. For siggie pics 170 wide by 120 tall pixels
banner 320 wide and 100 high pixels.
if i SCROLL, they go !!! You can have a siggie or a banner BUT NOT BOTH !!! IF YOU HAVE TWO PICTURES SIDE BY SIDE, THEY ARE CONSIDERED A BANNER AND MUST FOLLOW THE SAME SIZE RULES AS A BANNER. Make a choice. If you find your picture removed it is for a reason. Do NOT repost it, it will disappear again.
I just had an epiphany. I'm going to post how to post pictures in here so that everyone knows how to do it. It's very simple, but you do need a few things. It's best if you have a place to store your images such as Snap Fish or Photo Bucket, because a lot of sites nowadays will not allow you to hotlink.
1. Find the picture that you want to use.
2. Right click on that picture and choose Properties. That will bring up a box that lists Address (URL) and a web address for the photo. Make sure that address ends with .jpeg or .gif. If it doesn't, more than likely your picture will not work.
3. Copy that address.
4. Go to your profile and type . Then with no space, paste that address and type [ / img] (You will need to make sure that there are no spaces between any of the letters and no capital letters. I had to space them here because otherwise it will try to post a picture).
5. Save that information and you should be ready to go.
One thing though: in the road to posting pictures, it make take a while to get things going right. If you post and you get a box with a red X in it or a box that says hotlinking is not allowed, please delete that post. You can do so by pushing the little button with the trash can on it. If you have questions, please email me.
PLEASE preview you picture. if you see the red X, delete and try again.
above thanks to MINDY
FOR THE EASIST WAY TO GET AN IMAGE IN YOUR SIGGY
* Decide on your image, either still (has to be in a jpeg format) or animation (has to be in a gif format) and make sure the dimensions are 170 pixels wide x 120 pixels tall. Make sure it is saved on your computer.
*Go to the website called Tiny Pic at http://tinypic.com/
- Click on the box that says Browse, it should open your files on your computer.
- Find your saved image and double click on it to bring it up to the Tiny Pic site.
- Now click the box that says HOST IT, it will download your image into their system and give it a number.
- If it worked, you will get a message saying it was successful. To preview, click on view image here. If it looks good, close that box and then highlight the first box that says LINK and copy that number. You can either then save it to an open Word document if you can only have one internet explorer box open or take that and go directly to your profile at the guide.
- At your guide profile, go all the way down to the last box titled SIGNATURE.
- Type in img (with [ in front of, and ] after)
- Now bring in your Tiny Pic image address by copying and pasting. (I would not cut and paste just in case you lose it)
- Now type /img (with [ in front of , and ] after)
-Note, there should be no spaces between any of what you typed and the address you dropped in.
-Hit the box that says SUBMIT and that should do it.
I like Tiny Pic because someone already had my web name at Photobucket, and two, Tiny Pic is free. Hope this helps.
the above was submitted by TAZZER.
Trainee level is 1 to 9 posts
Level ONE 10 to 49 posts
Level TWO 50 to 99 posts
Level THREE 100 to 199 posts
Level FOUR 200 to 499 posts
Level FIVE 500 posts
If we don't know go to
ELYSE's CSI SITE
If you are a particular shipper, ask and we can send you to the right place.
We are NOT an advert website. DON'T post it.
Fan Fics are LISTED in the NON CSI chat section
If rules are broken or complaints they will be dealt with and we will use the BBBS (Big Bad Banning Stick) and it's hard and fast.
Make SURE you don't have two or more account/user names. If i catch you...you are gone AND I will spread the word to the other webmasters about you. We work together, so be aware.
Got a problem? click on my name or a mods name and wait for them to answer you. What they say goes. What I say is FINAL.
We want you to have fun, but we will not allow troublemakers here.